Monday, March 8, 2021

Eye Surgery

 


Off hand, I would say I have nothing to say, yet much to understand. Information and I guess you could say knowledge are becoming less and less relevant to me. Every time I look at the news, almost everything appears to be senseless, as though it’s been scripted to inform no one at all.

 It’s as though the AI of human consciousness (or whatever it is that’s still streaming information into and at us) has lost its ability, its will or its desire to make any sense. Perhaps, as Consciousness is on its way out (of human beings), it is just being truthful in reflecting the combined consciousness of humanity — including the diminishing intelligence of consciousness human beings. 

Yes, I too, have noticed a decline in the workings of the automated intelligence of my mind. The good news is, whereas the functionality of   my mind seems to be diminishing, my physical awareness/understanding as a physical being seems to be expanding.

 I had surgery last Friday for a cataract in my right eye, wherein the doctor removed the very blurry organic intraocular lens and replaced it with an acrylic one. The repair seems to be going well so far. I waited as long as I could before I finally decided to have this procedure done. It’s not that I have any problem being a cyborg of sorts, I’ve already got a few synthetic pieces inside of me. Rather, I have within me a certainty that I am able to or at least ought to be able to self-repair everything of myself. Alas, what ought to be and what is are not always aligned.

 So, today and the rest of this week, I’ll go to class with a patch over my eye and I’ll take the bus instead of my motor scooter. Actually, the bus system in this little university town that used to be a farming town is super convenient for me, and the first 20 minutes are always free. I think it’s that way with public transportation everywhere in Taiwan.

 Oh yea, about the water shortage. Taiwan, the island that has been keeping the world supplied with just barely enough high-end semiconductor chips may be facing its worst drought in twenty something years. And Taiwan is one of those places that receives more rain than just about any other place on earth. The hygrometer in my apartment shows the humidity at about 81 percent, which is normal for this place and quite comfortable for me. I’ve acclimated.

 When we humans mess with the weather in one area, e.g., the polar vortex, there are going to be effects or consequences that may be unpredictable. It isn’t just about the butterfly effect. Nature, the weather and the animals are all aware, standing equally to maintain this realm while they wait (I guess) humans for to also stand up and take responsibility. While these are interesting times, I no longer have much of an idea as to how things are actually going to play out.

1 comment:

Proceso a la vida said...

Hi Thomas! hope your eye has recovered perfectly :) I'll have to keep on reading till newer posts to see hehe
Your vlogs about AI were very interesting, the analysis about how it works and the similarity with the mind consciousness, fascinating.

Interesting to know those things about Taiwan :O