Monday, December 14, 2020

Pathways


 In the dream, we are building a pathway of roads and bridges to get through difficult terrain, high mountains, rugged shore-lines and dangerous stretches of waterway.  In helping to build these pathways and in looking at what has already been built, I see that we have taken what is still usable of the old and re tasked it. I see a newly built bridge with old wooden planks and I marvel at the pulley system now being used to ferry supplies slightly above and to the side of the bridge.  It reminds me of the pulleys that may have been used in America’s old west, perhaps during the 1800’s in the California gold rush. And now it is being utilized again.

 Suddenly I am informed of a bottleneck up ahead in the supply lines. An image appears showing that the pathway has backed up and is now beginning to spill parcels off and over the sides of that section. In my haste to get to the problem and solve it, I begin running at full-speed straight in the direction of the problem, straight into a large body of murky water that looks like a pit where garbage and sewage has been dumped over time and is now covered with water and surrounded by swamp.

 Not hesitating for a moment, even to consider using the newly built bridge that flashes slightly above me and off to my left, I continue moving full speed straight into the murky waters, where I then begin swimming across. As I am swimming, it occurs to me that there are probably crocodiles lurking beneath that will attempt to pull me under if they can. As I near the other side, I see a muddy embankment with marks of slithering snakes and I realize that I’m now going to have to go through those snakes in the swamp ahead.

 Out of the water and onto the muddy perimeter covered with poisonous slithering snakes, I begin stamping my feet, double-timing it while still running straight ahead in the same direction. There are no alternative routes now, I’m going to go straight through them.  While most of them slither out of my way, a thin reddish-gray one raises its body up in attack posture and begins slithering in my pathway straight towards me.

 Still pounding my feet in determination, I backtrack a bit away from it before once again moving straight forward. I’m going to get to where I’m heading even if I have to go straight through it, and even if it strikes me, it’s fangs probably won't get through the material of my pant legs.  As I’m charging, I begin awakening from the dream, but not before I once again view a glimpse out of the corner of my eye, of the bridge that had already been built, that I could have taken to avoid all of this, which in hindsight, would also have been faster, if only I had slowed down to consider the best pathway to solving the problem.

 Awoke from the dream, I notice a common theme symbolizing the more difficult and possibly more treacherous path that I sometimes take in my haste to defend my pathway by attempting to dispense with problems quickly rather than patiently walking through them. In the physical reality, though, it’s more associated with the way I perceive certain points.

 For example, in my haste for humanity to get through these dire times, I have been injecting my perspectives into arguments between the Left and the Right, with the (dare I say) righteous intention of getting others to change their way of thinking as well as their course (to get on the right pathway of course). In a sense, I’ve been attempting to push things through rather than just let things play out and watch the show.

 For example, in terms of what’s going on in the USA in relation to the attacks by globalist powerbrokers against the presidential election, the citizens of the USA and humanity as a whole, even though I estimate the most likely outcome to this part of the journey will be the best one that we’re able to attain under the current circumstances, regardless of my input and/or participation, I am still not inclined to take that bridge and watch the fight from afar while I amble on by.

 The key word here for me I guess is “the fight.” To amble on by and watch while the same old corrupted entities of the old system attempt to syphon the power of democracy from so many people that are now so clearly standing up to take back their power as well as their responsibility, is something that I am not inclined to do — even if we are existing in a conscious bubble. In short, if I don’t stand and participate here where I am, as best I am able, when and where will I stand and participate?

 It’s somewhat baffling for me: while my dream indicates that I often disregard the easier pathways in favor of more adventurous and/or treacherous ones, I tend to view the treachery ahead, as a way to challenge myself. It reminds me of my younger days when I would often find myself walking in dark woods; even if I had a flashlight, I often wouldn’t use it so as not to become dependent on the light.

 That’s my dream: in relation to the section of pathway that humanity is now walking, it reminds me that easier pathways (that lead to the same destination) are sometimes available. The key is to look for and decide upon the best one, before running headlong into the swamp and its swamp creatures. And those little buggers are now coming out of the shadows in mass.

No comments: