Sunday, October 13, 2019

Goals and Potential

One of the points that I’ve been focusing on in relation to setting goals is my potential - because I guess, actually I’m certain that one’s goals ought to be aligned in a step by step manner to one’s utmost potential, which from my perspective is quite daunting. And while I used to think that I needed someone else to tell me what my mission and potential were in order for me to set and accomplish my goals, live my potential, I now see that only I am able to determine my goals, set them and live to my utmost potential.

In other words, while others may be able to assist and support by pointing out various paths and even some doors that one might open and walk through (to realize the opportunity created just by walking through the door), I think that the goals we set as well as the potential we live is a product that emerges from within each one of us as per the decisions we make and the responsibilities we each embrace.

Sorry, I went off track again and basically just deleted a bunch of stuff, fun stuff in relation to what’s going on in the world system.

Anyway, in deciding to write about my goals and my potential, I keep finding myself attempting to write technical explanations about potential, the triangle of potential of two or more to be specific, writing around what I promised myself I would actually write about instead of just getting to the point. It’s funny how I am so willing (to the point that I often find it enjoyable) to use words or symbols as technical explanations that I write out again and again until the sentences begin to equate to a balanced sound, in  a way symbolically answering a question, solving the problem and/or at least proving to myself that I’m on the right track, which I guess is just my way of figuring things out. On the other hand, it’s also quite amazing the amount of resistance I usually encounter by attempting to simply state what I’m pushing myself to do, in this case in terms of setting goals and living my potential.

So here goes: in short, I have come to realize and I have decided (as a doing) that, in order for me to live my potential (or anyone else for that matter), I require to connect and communicate a lot more with others. There, I said it! And the connecting part is key for me. Because in order for me to connect and communicate with others requires (from within myself) a certain amount of self-trust, which is something that I had in the past been seriously lacking.

What has changed? I have. And although I have many more changes and/or processes to walk to change some more, I now have within and as myself a firm set of guidelines or words to live so to speak, which I’ve personally designed to utilize in relation to others/all as my guide in deciding how best to relate to others while walking through the old system and participating in the creation of the new - as a point of self-trust, expanding myself in connection with others, learning to trust myself and expanding that trust in relation to  others.   And I’m moving some goals that I had originally set to accomplish in the future, more to the present. For me, this is quite exciting.

No comments: