Monday, July 29, 2019

Redefining Honor and Respect


I’m still working on redefining the words honor, respect and integrity. They seem to all be connected; for every time I modify the definition of one, I find myself having to modify the others. Recently, I utilized several hours working with these words, playing with them, almost like experimenting with the contents of an equation in search of creating balance or equilibrium. It’s like I’m looking for the perfect formula or combinations of words to ensure that my sentences will (for lack of a better phrase) stand the test of time - rather than further sentencing me to it. I do have better phrases with words such as equality, oneness and what is best for all, which I enjoy using because they’re balanced eternally in one direction. However, without actually grounding the definitions with practical examples of ways that I’m able to apply these words (without having to think about it as I’m moving moment to moment), I’ve found it to be more difficult to  use them when attempting to overwrite or override the old programming. Thus, I’m including them in this post in order to (I guess you could say) mark this point as the point in my process wherein I’ve actually come to realize the importance of including practical examples with the words that I redefine - in addition to the practical examples I include in my commitment statements. Still a work in progress, this is what I have so far for the words honor and respect:
Honorable:
      The ability of each one of us (as unique location-points or awarenesses of the whole) to stand as a point of respect for all life (in all forms) as best we are able by standing as we would care to have all stand in relation to our unique location points. For example:
      At work: instead of looking out for threats and assessing risks and opportunities in relation to others, I am able to live the word honor by bringing all respective points of perception back to myself for self-introspection and self-correction, firstly by identifying and letting go of all judgment (brushing it aside and dropping it from myself) to then expand my awareness of others within my environment by including the image of myself (as though I were looking through their eyes at myself talking to them) to then determine how best I am able to live honorably by relating to them as I would relate if I  really were standing with them in their shoes.
      In going shopping and getting things done outside: as I am moving through reality, passing by and/or interacting with people, animals and even inanimate objects (of different location points of awareness), instead of accepting and allowing myself to stand individually as a point of perceived separation projecting my self-definitions onto them, I am able to live the word honor by bringing all respective points of perception back to myself for self-introspection and self-correction by identifying and letting go of all judgments to then expand my awareness or consideration to various points of my environment as best I am able by including  the image of myself standing equally as one with my perceptions of them as points of my environment (as though I am also standing equally as one with them - in their shoes) to essentially facilitate the process of deciding how best to stand as the word honor by honoring all points of life as though I would honor myself.
Respect:
      The process of self-honestly bringing all points of perception back to myself (from the within to the without) to reinspect myself (as a point of self-respect) by checking for  definitions that do not support me to stand as best I am able in relation to all, from which point I am then able to let go of such definitions and live (redefined) words in support of all by standing in relation to all as I would have all stand in relation to me. For example:
What’s new here for me is the way I’m now experimenting essentially with standing in the shoes of another. For example, whereas in the past, I would simply imagine how I was best able to stand in relation to other people based on my judgments of their situations, I’m now experimenting with projecting my self-image onto them (or at least some of the ones that I focus on) to include the image of myself within and as my perception of them to in a sense imagine myself standing equally as one with them in their shoes.




No comments: