Friday, May 17, 2019

The Creation of the Physical Reality

One of the things that I’ve understood (but not necessarily as in a knowhow or knowledgeable  way) since I was a child is that, we as human beings are able to influence the physical reality. The question that I have pondered and still do study today has to do with how and how much of a role do we humans play in the creating the formations of this physical reality.

The reason that I’m writing about this today has to do with a mango tree and a large branch that broke off from it right before my eyes earlier today. This is the branch that grew so quickly from the tree, as though it were going enter right into my balcony of the apartment where I live. Mangos started appearing, lots of them, so close that I could simply reach out and pick them. Which I would have done in  time, had that branch not snapped off.

Standing in the shower earlier today while looking out the window, I spied a lone mango which I hadn’t noticed before. “Hi mango” I said as I often to do to the mangos and the mango tree. Not more than a second or two went by; I heard a loud snap and I watched as that big branch collapsed.  I felt a little sad and I couldn’t help but ask, what or how much of a role did I play in that outcome, that collapse? I (for lack of a better word) observe and monitor events, sometimes over the course of many, many years. So for me, it’s not so much of a question of “if” I influence the world around me, it’s how and how much.

Ever notice how a car just won’t start for one person, but then another person gets in and starts it right up? Whereas some would call that, coincidence, I prefer to refer to that as a result of focused or directed intention. Are we not connected to everything? Does our intention not influence with everything that we are connected with?

About 15 years ago when my partner and I bought a new house, my dream house back in those days. I wanted so much to have trees growing in the back on the western side, that I used to imagine a big tree growing there and providing shade with lots of leaves . Several years went by, at least 5 to ten and then one day, I noticed that a tree had taken root very close to the back of the house. At first it grew rather slowly, but then just in the last two to three years, it doubled and tripled in size. Nowadays, it just keeps on growing and it’s so close to our house, only inches away from an overhanging roof of the first floor. I wondered about the effect that big typhoon winds  might have on the movement of the branches of that tree. I even thought about trimming the tree or dare I say cutting it down. But then I remembered how much I had wanted that tree. So I’ve decided just to let it be, talk to it occasionally and ask it to please be careful not to hit or damage the roof. Lol, I’m still monitoring the situation.

So, here I am once again wandering about the role I/we play, take and/or accept as responsible human beings. I don’t buy into the idea or definition of a coincidence being an occurrence or outflow that just happens to happen. Instead I define coincidence as an outcome or result of two or more actions coming together and/or colliding in the same moment as a result of the starting-point intentions of all the actions that came together to make up that particular moment. My point is that, I’m certain that, we humans (and of course nature and the animal kingdom) are far more responsible for creating the physical reality of our surroundings than most of us would even venture to imagine.

I have a theory about this that would take me awhile to explain, so I’ll just lay the basics of it here. As human beings consisting of a mind conscious energy, beings and physical bodies, we, we, we… Lol, the words don’t seem ready to come out. I guess it is, as am I, still a work in progress in the process of understanding the physical reality, how things work and our responsibilities that come with standing as this reality. Anyway, we do actually create the physical reality and I’m sure it’s really cool how it works, especially the technicalities, as well as the changes that seem to be occurring.  Have you noticed how the consequences we create seem to be playing out more immediately?

That being said (or not), there is also a scientific rationale for why the branch of the mango tree grew so quickly and presented me with so many mangos. As I had wanted a little more light in that area of my apartment, I began turning on the balcony light every night about a year ago and I guess that the tree just extended its branch for the light and decided that would be a good place to grow a bunch of fruit. As to why the branch happened to break just at that moment that I said “Hi mango,” I think it had something to do with the weight of the rain, my sound perhaps and of course the tree. Six green mangos also fell right inside of my balcony. Maybe I’ll make Thai green mango salad.


No comments: