Sunday, April 4, 2021

As I change, my body changes, as my body changes, I change.

 As I change, my body changes, as my body changes, I change. And while some of the changes are painful, I am quite certain such changes are for the better overall. Recently, these changes or focus of intent seem to be more body-centered and directed rather than something that I thought out and planned from a conscious perspective.

 For example, even though I didn’t consciously decide to start eating like a vegetarian, I’ve begun eating that way because it’s what my physical body has been clearly communicating. And I didn’t just one day decide to stop drinking three cups of coffee per day. I stopped one day when I had a stomach problem, and just never started back up again.

 A while back I realized that I had a stomach infection and I knew that in order to get better, I had to immediately change what I was putting in my stomach. So I started just eating fruits, vegetables, sometimes yogurt and occasionally an egg or two. Since that point, I haven’t had any urges or desires to eat meat. 

Not only have I reduced the amount of food I eat, I’ve also reduced (by a much larger percent) the amount of information I consume. I guess it’s like a mind, being, body process. As I change, moving myself out of the mind, my body changes by becoming more directive. As my body changes, my mind changes by moving more into more of a support role.

 I guess I'm in an extended cleaning phase, eating ninety-five percent fruits and vegetables, drinking lots of water, cutting out coffee almost completely and very rarely drinking any beer. In reducing my weight, the toxins that used to be stored in the body fat are now being flushed. This can be very painful and somewhat dangerous if it happens too quickly. Thus I’m careful not to let myself lose too much weight too quickly. Otherwise, the toxins, heavy metals and whatnot end up getting caught in my joints resulting in pain and inflammation in those areas. This requires balance, which requires remaining aware and focused.

 Why am I doing this now? I guess that by reducing much of the stress that my mind consciousness system had been placing on my physical body, I’ve also been freeing up space for my beingness and body to step in.

 Finally, it’s been four and a half weeks since I had cataract surgery to replace the lens in my right eye, and it’s wonderful to once again be seeing clearly after five years of blurriness. Perhaps I’ll be able to take the whole summer off and go swimming every day.

 

 

1 comment:

Proceso a la vida said...

Hi Thomas!! Your blogs are sooo awesome, your sharing of your stories and how you walk in life. Very cool :-)
I want to suggest that to make the blog even better change the typography, I see you're using comic sans. It has a bad fame / notoriety, mostly in the designers society, lol. It's not well seen :S
Take a look:
https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-11582548
Cheersss