Monday, March 22, 2021

Devaluing knowledge and information

I was once addicted to information and even hooked on a derivative of hopium for a time.  Like a fat, happy sponge, I rode that information wave to new highs. Until the contradictions of consciousness, also sometimes referred to as cognitive dissonance, surged to such an extent as to short circuit a large part of my mind’s processes. Suddenly, both the addiction and the high were gone. I refer to the short-circuiting processes as a cure of sorts, in contradictions of consciousness, like cures like.

After that, I thought to myself, what am I going to do with all of this excess time? Then I recalled my personal process that I had been somewhat distracted from for a time, and now I’m back to that. Thankfully, once again, I am able to honestly say that something of me has changed for the better.  My mind is much quieter these days, I no longer value knowledge and information the way that I used to, and even the reptilian logic that I had relied upon for most of my life, seems to have lost its luster. I quite like the change. 

While I’ve been letting go of my expectations and slowing down, even slower than I was before, I also notice some mental diminishment in areas of my mind that used to deal with, sort and categorize large amounts of information. I guess I could say that I don’t experience myself as being as smart or intelligent as I used to. Nevertheless (lol), I’m certain that I’m wiser for it. As the mind consciousness systems of human beings diminish, perhaps our natural intelligence will now have more opportunity to emerge. 


No comments: