Friday, September 18, 2020

Back to School, 9-18-2020

I do so appreciate being able to pack my things into my car at the of every summer and go back to school just as I used to, minus the distress that used to accompany me in terms of finances, having to find a place to live, convincing the university to let me pay them later, and so many more difficulties that used to make going back to school more like a complex scam that I had to pull off rather than a youthful adventure. In hindsight, I guess it was a little of both. Nowadays though, it’s all opportunity.

 For example,  rather than positioning myself to get as much as I can from the system (as I used to), I aim to expressly give and receive unconditionally from the within to the without with the intention of creating a free-flowing circle of life/living - from the within of I/myself to the without as all of me. That’s my starting-point intention, the design of which is as always, still a work in progress - as I process ego out of the design of myself.

 On a side note (that I suddenly found myself writing - until I stopped) I wonder if in terms of the whole of existence, there is just one physical body that is all of “me” as the sum-total of everything, and whereas “I” would simply be one location-point of awareness within the cell I call “myself” in relation to the rest of the whole as “me.” Yep, I guess, if you were to merge all of the dimensions together again and eliminate all of the cell liners of separation, that’s what would be left, one consisting of everything - which is how it was just before the beginning.

 Anyway, having looked at, seen and written a lot about many things, mostly just my ponderings, I once again realize how utterly inverted everything has become - and thankfully, I’m not the only one that sees this. I have always enjoyed hanging out with the country folk and the mountain people because, whereas their comprehension of the system often seems more limited, they also often seem to have more of a certain wisdom about them that I rarely ever see in the higher echelons of the world system. 

For example, the other day in a meeting, I curiously asked my boss about what the people in the top levels of the system think about this virus, do they really believe that it’s a deadly biological threat to us all? His reply, they think it is much, much worse. Now contrast this with my day to day reality.

 In returning to school during the pre-arrival week, as I was approaching one of the buildings to go to the office, I stopped to enjoy the large crowds of students all gathered together socializing and watching groups of other students perform various cultural dances. After finishing the Google form and getting the Ok to enter the building, I realized that I hadn’t yet put on a face mask - because most of the hundreds of other people were also not wearing one. So I asked the woman, do I need to put on a face mask to enter the building? The woman replied, “no, that rule won’t start until next week.” 

 And now I’m going for a walk in the hills. 

When I came back, the farmer in the video above gave me some fruit that he and his wife had just picked.

No comments: