Saturday, April 27, 2019

In between point A and B in the Process of Change

April of 2019 has been an interesting month for me. Generally I write and post at least one blog per week; however, even though it’s almost the end of the month and I’ve titled almost 8 blogs already this month, I’ve yet to post a single one, why? In looking at this point, the main reason or cause that comes up is authority or lack thereof. I’m currently walking through a point of change, kind of like between the end of a time, era, epoch of whatever the hell one decides to call it and the beginning something different that has yet to manifest and solidify as the result of constancy and consistency. As for the details relating to this point, mostly it has to do with life and living. 

Essentially, I’m pushing through lifestyle changes. For example, whereas I used to consume a lot of alcohol each week while also exercising just a little, I have been (over the last ten years) slowly reducing the amount of alcohol I consume while also increasing the amount of exercise I do - the goal being to live naturally in all ways that are “physically” best for parts of me as a whole.


However, if there’s one of things I’ve learned in my process walking with Desteni it is not to attempt to fight or oppose the mind - my mind or anyone else’s. That would be like shadow boxing and believe it or not, no one ever wins by trying to outwit themselves or another. Instead, I’ve found what works best for me is to focus on the point of change, letting go of the old while also introducing and strengthening the new with change that supports all aspects of me. For example, in reducing my consumption of alcohol over the years, one of the difficulties that I’ve often encountered was figuring out what to do with all that free time that I used fill with mind energies created or caused by the chemical reactions of alcohol/sugars and the molecules of my physical body. And it’s not that one can just fill in that time with any activity or non-activity and be done with it or changed. It’s got to be something (even if it’s doing nothing at all) that is agreeable to all parts of me so as to prevent conflicts of interests arising within me.

For me (to put it simply), it’s like there are three parties, the mind, being and the physical within and as the human-being of mankind for and as which my goal is to stand equally as one unconditionally as what is best for all. The mind, being and the physical body: this is the trinity or three I guess from which all of the legends, myths and stories arose. And like the stories of old… Well, let’s just say it’s probably best to avoid the wrath or consequences of neglect from any parts of me. Therefore when it comes to change, I’m learning to care for and consider all parts of me equally. Because as the whole body, each one/part in my view have what I would call a certain amount of veto power, which if nothing else can lead to hell on earth, which. Regardless of the direction one look, from the within to the without or the without to the within, a lack of consideration, care and compassion for all equally as one will always lead to consequence rather than harmony.

Thus when it comes my goal of living in ways that are physically best for me, letting go of the old ways and replacing them with the new, it is important for me to  fulfill myself as a whole in consideration of what I apparently still am as a mind being and body. With this intention, after much investigation and experimentation I’ve arrived at what appears to be a solution to fulfill all aspects of me. Specifically, all parts of me actually quite enjoy physical exercise, walking, swimming and believe it or not, even yoga. Furthermore, when it comes to that craving a beer or a glass of wine (similar to a sugar craving), natural drinks with natural sugar, such as fruit smoothies are quite satisfying and supportive to all parts of me.

So there it is for me, a process of change from point A to point B, not quite an authority, but somewhere in between in the process of change.



No comments: