Friday, August 31, 2018

Nature, the Animal Kingdom and my Process in Relation to Them


Talk to the animals, walk with the animals… It’s a song from my childhood that was the first thing that came up when considering my relationship with animals and nature since I began walking with Desteni. For those who may be reading this now or in the future, Desteni is simply an expanding group of people who have realized or are in the process of realizing that in order to change the world and existence as a whole for the betterment of all, the only way to do it is by aligning ourselves to the principles of equality, oneness and what is best for all and changing ourselves one by one in relation to all things and everyone - herein changing existence as a whole. Overall, I’d say that this process within which many are participating is progressing faster than I had anticipated. However, today I’m just going to focus on how my relationship with nature and the animal kingdom has changed since I began walking the Desteni process.

In searching my memories for an overall assessment of my relationship with nature and animals,  I would have to say, even as a child I felt a certain connection with animals. Meaning that I would talk to them, try to get closer to them and understand them. In return, they would often, quite often, abnormally often, lol, bite me, sting me, kick me - anything along those lines. Whatever animals could do to a person in an attempt to get that person out of their sphere, they seemed to do it or at least try to do it to me. And all I wanted to do was love them or sometimes throw rocks at them if they were bees so that they would chase me. I’ve been bitten by so many dogs that I stopped counting. I’ve been bitten by a horse - just for trying to feed him. I’ve been bitten by gerbils, mice, guinea pigs, birds and even shellfish. I was stung on the nose by a tiny fly in Mexico that was so painful I wanted to cry. I even got bit on the inside of my nose by a dog. There was so much blood. And really, except for the bees, wasps and honeybees that I just wanted to tease and the cockroaches that I wanted to sent a message to (by stomping on them), for the most part, I really did just want to love and understand all things.

What I came to realize about my relationship with animals, even before I began process was that, even though I just wanted to connect with the animals, my starting point, in addition to wanting to love them, contained a certain amount of fear, which most animals would simply reflect back to me. In looking back at those days, I see the point of innocence that came thought in everything I did was also tainted with fear. I lost sight of that innocence somewhere along the line and replaced it with its opposite polarity and to this day I consider the loss of innocence of so many children brought into this world to be humanity’s biggest loss. That’s another story, which also connects somewhat with my personal process (in relation to nature and the animal kingdom), which for me really is a process of returning to a state of innocence, innocence redefined and lived as an expression of humbleness emanating from self trust.

Getting back to the animals and nature. They don’t seem to want to bite me anymore and I don’t even have a problem walking through swarms of bees. I while back, I even rescued one of those giant african wasps that a friend had just smacked out of the air - because he was scared. I told him to relax as I picked up the wasp from a puddle it had landed in. I blew it dry until it seemed Ok, enough to fly away, which it did. See, what I realize now about my relation to animals is that, as a human, I have the responsibility for changing who I am in relation to animals, not the other way around. Animals, insects, the fish, the birds and the bees were not the ones that embarked on a mission to exterminate humans. It’s us who have abused them; therefore, it is us who require to change our relationship to them.

Thus, I continue to talk to or communicate with animals, all kinds of animals, every opportunity I get. For example, when I see a fly  or a bee is trapped in my house, I talk to it, tell it how I’m going to open the window or door so that it can fly out and then I do just that. When it flies out, I pat myself on the back and say, good work communicating with the animals. Sometimes if it doesn’t fly out, I tell myself that it just decided to stay in. Either way, I do communicate with them and not always in words. For example, many domesticated dogs and humans alike are quite able to communicate with us and one another via physical movements and/or expressions. I guess I would say that spiders intrigue me the most. For them, I prefer to use a form of presence in which to communicate. For they (which is also for me), I open a door or window so that they can go out or stay in as they choose. One time, I communicated with some spiders (mostly by not being threatening or threatened by them). The next day as I entered the kitchen, I noticed a giant (I guess) female  spider just above me to the left, just kind of watching me. Nowadays, I’m fine with them coming and going as they please. After all, they do seem to manage the bug population in the house. There’s a short history of the existential role and emergence of the spider, The Consciousness of a Spider, available on Eqafe, along with so much more information about existence and other animals, how they emerged into existence and the role that they’re now standing as.

So to sum up my relationship with animals and nature, since I began process, I would say that, in better  understanding that everything is aware and in the process of aligning to the principles of oneness, equality and what is best for all, I’ve come to be much more considerate of nature and the animal kingdom. It doesn’t matter to me that animals and nature don’t speak in words back to me. What matters to me is that I continue to push myself to understand and communicate with them, eventually to understand myself equally as one with them. And on top of it all, I haven’t been bitten or stung in a long time.




No comments: