Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 3: Interpretation of Words


I've realized that whenever I react to written and or spoken words, those reactions (regardless of whether they are positive or negative) are based on my interpretation of the words. And since my interpretations are based on my definitions, it is logical to conclude that my interpretations are not reliable = cannot be trusted, thus the need for universal agreement on the definitions of words: a project that is currently being undertaken here – The Living Word
Until then, the key for me to not misinterpret words is to not interpret them = do not apply definitions = let the words pass right through me = I remain here, stable, unmoved.

  • I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to interpret spoken and or written words, and within this, react to those words.

  • I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to apply my definitions to spoken and written words for which there is no agreement between me and the creator of those words, and within this not realize that, my interpretation and the creator's intended meaning, may be completely different.

  • I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to use words to communicate with others, without considering whether my definitions are aligned with their definitions, and in doing so not see that (by not having agreement on our definitions), that which we are communicating is subject to interpretation or a breakdown in communication.

  • I forgive myself that I’ve accepted and allowed myself to not see/realize and understand that when I react to words, I am in essence allowing myself to be played like a puppet – subject to the strings that I’ve attached as definitions to the words.

I see/realize and understand that the root cause of my reactions to words are the definitions that I’ve given to those words, in separation of who I am as life within and as oneness and equality = the living word. See: http://desteni.org/a/questions-and-perspectives-what-is-the-living-word . I also realize that, when conversing with others with whom there is no agreement on the definitions of our words, there is the likelihood of disagreement (even when the points we are each trying to convey may be exactly the same), leading to a breakdown in communication. My reactions to words are an indication as to where I am accepting and allowing myself to participate in definitions.

Thus:
I commit myself to investigate my reactions to words, so as to see where it is that I have defined/limited self, and to (through self-forgiveness and self-corrective application) direct me to no longer allow myself to be moved/limited by definitions.

I commit myself to (when conversing with others) take the time to establish agreement on the definitions of the words that form the basis of our discussion point/topic.

I commit myself to when reading or listening to words, not allow myself to participate within judgments, beliefs, opinions, etc., pertaining to the creator of those words, but instead, hear and or see the words, without prejudice.




No comments: