Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Redefining the Words Outgoingly Friendly_Global Citizenship and Cultural Literacy



Introduction (How do you usually experience yourself in terms of this word?)

Throughout my life, I’ve usually been friendly, but not overly friendly and certainly not outgoingly friendly. In other words, I’ve always been happy enough to talk for a while (usually a short while) with people that approached me, but I would rarely be so outgoing as to approach people to start a friendly conversation with them.  Therefore, I would to change myself by strengthening my friendliness by becoming more outgoing = outgoingly friendly.

Dictionary definition:
Outgoing - friendly and socially confident
Friendly - kind and pleasant
My definition (redefining the word):
Relating to others in ways that show I am friendly, kind, pleasant and interested in who they are.

How do I plan to live (specifically) the words, outgoingly friendly in relation to other people?

When and as I am buying something at 7-11 or another store, I commit to greet the clerk with a friendly smile and a Hi! Or Hello! Additionally, when someone approaches me and wants to talk, I commit (if I have the time to spare) to stop, listen and converse = friendly communicate.

When and as a student or students want to talk to me, I commit to speak with them in a friendly way that clearly shows that I have time to listen to them and that I care about what they have to say.

Sometimes when I know other people would like me to say hi and talk to me. Therefore, I commit to say hi to them and make an effort be familiar with them = making an effort to be more outgoing and friendly.


No comments: